Madden NFL 19 is out now, and if this is your first time playing a game from the series, then there are some things you should learn right away about the gameplay. Apart from just developing your skills, you may also want to focus on online aspects of the game such as Ultimate Team, the online MUT mode, and more. If there’s anything at all that you need to know about the game, this guide is here to help you out with information.
If you’re ready, then let’s get started!
GENERAL TIPS AND TRICKS
Getting Training Points
You can upgrade your players’ stats by spending training points which can be gained through buying Packs, with Coins, or through completing Solo battles. You can also sell cards for your Binder to get Training Points.
Player Upgrades And Custom Chemistry
Once you earn enough Training Points, these can be used to upgrade your players. Once you upgrade items, you can then unlock Chemistry slots. You can then choose an appropriate Chemistry based on your player’s position, playstyle, and abilities.
Pick The Best Playbooks
While all of the playbooks in the game are viable, some clearly stand tall over the others. The five best playbooks in the game belong to the New York Jets, the New England Patriots, the Tennessee Titans, the Seattle Seahawks, and the San Francisco 49ers. Each playbook has its own advantages and disadvantages, so play around with them until you find one that suits your playstyle.
Use Passes Based On Player Position
Bullet Passes are used for really fast passes and it is also very precise. Lobbed Passes on the other hand take longer to reach the destination but they also have a greater angle and path of movement. Even though lobbed passes are slow, they can be advantageous when you need time for a player to close the gap and get to the ball.
Run Towards The Receiver When Passing
Whenever you’re passing a ball, try not run away from the receiver when it can be helped. This helps close the distance and also increases the likelihood of the pass being successful. Running in the opposite direction of the receiver increases the chances of messing up the pass.
Pressurize The Quarterback
The blitz tactic is very useful when trying to deal with the opponent’s quarterback. Just take as many players as possible to swarm the Quarterback and this will lead to him making inaccurate passes or to make a rushed move, or he will leave himself open to be tackled so that you can get your hands on the ball.
You can find below a list of all of the achievements that can be earned in the game.
- All the Marbles: Finish the Week 12 game.
- Beat the Bearcats: Beat the Beeville Bearcats.
- It’s only the Preseason: Finish the Preseason Week Four Game.
- Triple Crown: Record a sack, a forced fumble, and a fumble recovery with the same player on a single play.
- Going For Gold: Earn gold from a drill inside the Skill Trainer.
- Beat the Rattlers: Beat the Rancho Banquete Rattlers.
- Colt’s Grade: Finish the story with a grade of 80 or higher in Randy’s fansite for Devin.
- Audibilizing: Learn to Audible.
- This is My Ultimate Team: Create a MUT Team.
- Tom Brady Legacy Award: Using a created player, coach, or owner – surpass a legacy score of 27,000.
- Richard Sherman Legacy Award: Using a created player, coach, or owner – surpass a legacy score of 7,000.
- Aaron Rodgers Legacy Award: Using a created player, coach, or owner – surpass a legacy score of 8,300.
- Comeback City: Comeback and win when trailing by 17+ points at halftime.
- Full Set: Win a game with each of the 32 NFL teams – wins count across all game modes.
- Not OP:Successfully use the swat mechanic to force an incomplete pass.
- Lockdown Corner: Win 3 presses in a single game with the same CB.
- Jerry Jones Legacy Award: Using a created player, coach, or owner – surpass a legacy score of 12,500.
- Grindin’ Solos: Win a MUT Solo Challenge.
- Team Building 101: Activate two Chemistries at the same time.
- Living in the Past: Finish the Flashback game.
- Return to Sender: Return the punt for a touchdown in the State Championship high school game.
- Beat The Brush Hogs: Beat the Bloomington Brush Hogs.
- Beat the Skeeters: Beat the Skidmore Skeeters.
- Devin’s Grade: Finish the story with a grade of 80 or higher in Randy’s fansite for Colt.
- Antonio Brown Legacy Award: Using a created player, coach, or owner – surpass a legacy score of 2,750
- Step Up: Finish the Week 10 Game.
- Negotiator: Win a MUT auction.
- 7 on 7: Finish the 7 on 7 game.
- Alvin Kamara Legacy Award: Using a created player, coach, or owner – surpass a legacy score of 750.
- Move Master: Successfully fake-out a defender when prompted to perform a ball carrier special move.
- Situational Awareness: Make a Coaching Adjustment in the 4th quarter or OT.
- 2nd Rounder: Make game-winning FG under 10 sec. after missing 2 or more previous kick attempts.
- Throwin’ Dots: Throw a Passing TD using the low throw mechanic.
- Todd Gurley Legacy Award: Using a created player, coach, or owner – surpass a legacy score of 2,200.
- Von Miller Legacy Award: Using a created player, coach, or owner – surpass a legacy score of 3,100.
- Aaron Donald Legacy Award: Using a created player, coach, or owner – surpass a legacy score of 1,800.
FARMING COINS FOR ULTIMATE TEAM
Keep an eye out for the objectives and daily challenges and these will give you a variety of tasks which reward you with different amounts of coin. As you complete these challenges, your MUT level will go up and you’ll earn rewards which can range from Training Packs to card packs, so this is a great way to earn some coins as well. As your MUT level goes up, you will also be able to make use of some great discounts which can help you save coins in the long run. You should also complete Solo Battles and other events as these will also reward you with coins.
There are a number of ways to farm coins in the game. First of all, when you play through the solo challenges in the game, you will receive cards and these can be of different types: Gold, Silver, and if you’re really lucky you can also get Elite cards. You can sell these cards off through an auction to get your hands on some coins.
Look out for cards which you can Quicksell because their values won’t change, so they’re useful to make a quick buck. Make sure you check into auctions to see if any valuable cards are being sold cheap, but make sure these are valuable first and you can then trade these for a nice profit.
FRANCHISE MODE GUIDE
In the franchise mode, the aim is get your franchise to the superbowl but there are a number of ways you can go about doing this. You can choose to play as a single player for any team that you choose and you will start off as a rookie and then work your way to the top. You won’t have to worry about suspensions, injuries that end the player’s career, charity, or endorsements.
As a coach, you will be in charge of an entire team and you will be in charge of sending scouts to find new players, customize playbooks to your liking, and more. As an owner, you will have be in control of not only the team, but also of the finances. Additionally, there are also XP sliders that you can adjust to earn a set amount of XP every week, make sure you try out different settings until you find one that works for you.
Player Upgrades And Schemes
Schemes are relevant only when you are playing as a coach or owner. Basically, you can select certain schemes which will determine the kind of direction you want your franchise to move in. However, a scheme will not apply to all players so it’s best to just pick the scheme that fits a lot of players. However, players can also fit into multiple schemes. You can train your players to improve them in particular ways, but it’s always best to train them as per the schemes. You can also change the archetype of a player by just training them for a long enough time.
Building Your Team
Scouting is how you will be able to discover new players to eventually draft them. You will be given scouting points which you can use to watch rookies for a maximum of 3 times. In the Draft mode, you will finally be able to select players for your team. There is a player grade out of 10 and a rank to watch out for when selecting a player. However, if a player’s combined grade is not very high, but his rank is still good, then pick the player. In other words, rank is a more important factor to consider than grade. At the end of the day though, no matter what player you pick, you can improve their stats by just training them.
When building your team, always make sure you have enough substitutes for the different roles in your team because injuries can last for quite a few games. You can also choose to place a player on the Injury Reserve list which will render them unable to play for the remainder of the season, but it can be beneficial because their presence won’t count in the salary cap. This is especially useful if you have a player you’re spending a lot of money, but he’s injured so he can’t contribute to matches. Alternatively, you can just choose to turn off injuries altogether if you don’t want to deal with the unpredictability.
When playing a coach or owner, you will have to negotiate players’ contracts. Essentially, just focus on getting some good players and also renovating your stadiums when required. When you’re planning on signing a new player, play attention to their salary. You can’t just buy all of the best players because there is a Salary Cap to keep in mind. However, you salary cap grows larger with each year, so eventually you won’t have to care too much about this.
You can check out your finances under the ‘My Owner’ section to check how your money is being spent. In general, there’s not much to worry about since you will never go bankrupt in the game. If you’re losing games, then fans will spend more money which can help you get back up on your feet. The game will advice you how to spend your finances when pricing items and all teams mostly have an equal share in the market. However, states with a larger number of people can charge for more items, and while it’s definitely something to consider, it doesn’t have a major impact on the game.
SOLO BATTLES GUIDE
In solo battles, you will face off against AI and you will be able gain a rank worldwide based on your performance in this game mode. You can check out your opponents for the week and view their formations, rating, and other such information pertaining to their style of play. This gives you time to prepare in advance for your match against them.
If you end up in the top 100 ranks in the world, then you will receive some great rewards. You will also earn rewards based on your battle score. Your rewards can consist of coins, trophy packs, and more.
When selecting a difficulty setting in the solo battle mode, keep in mind that the higher the difficulty setting, and you will earn a percentage of those points as battle score depending on the chosen difficulty setting. For example, at the highest difficulty setting, you will earn 100% of points as your battle score while at the beginner setiing, you will earn 0%. To earn a high battle score, you should try and play a realistic and balanced game. Try and have variety in your style and don’t depend too much on a few particular moves.
LEVELING UP GUIDE
Pretty much all of the matches you play in MUT will grant you XP and will help you level up. You should also check out Solo Challenges and objectives as these remain a great way to earn lots of XP. Head over to the Campaign Preseason Section under Solo Challenges and you will be able to find a number of challenges and completing these will grant you XP. You will also earn packs of cards which will help you in your overall performance, and power packs which can help increase the stats of a particular card.
There are also the Daily Challenges which you should keep an eye out for as these will also grant you decent amounts of XP. There are also level caps in the game respective to the difficulty level, so you should always try and picka higher difficulty setting if you can handle it as you will then be able to gain higher levels. Of course, you will also earn coins as you play the game which you can then spend on cards and training packs.
ULTIMATE TEAM GUIDE
Before you start off with Ultimate Team with your beloved team, you should know that picking a team also means you’re picking their particular playbook. Later on, you will be able to unlock different playbooks but it will take a fairly long time. So don’t just pick a team that you love, but also make sure that the team’s playbook is suitable with your style of playing the game.
You upgrade your players in Ultimate Team with a currency known as training. You can just sell off cards and items you don’t need to earn this currency. You can participate in Solo Battles and try to make it somewhere to the top of the ranks. The higher your rank, the better your rewards will be. Additionally, at the beginning of the game you can have a PowerUp card, so you should ideally focus on a star player and you’ll also be able to level these up easily. Finally, don’t ignore the Daily Objectives as these will go a long way in helping you earn the rewards that you need.[ad_2]